Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a Battle - It's a Choice

It's a new year and I'm battling with the same struggles - all related to my mouth.  

This morning's Scripture reading came from Genesis 4:6-7 
"...'Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.'"
Then again from this morning's message taken from Romans 6:12, 
"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions."
Who am I obeying?  The deceiver whispers in my ear, "You'll never win this battle. You're a failure. You should have this mastered, by now. You are weak. You are useless." 

Thankfully, I KNOW my God and my God is the God of second, and third, and fourth...chances. By His grace I will overcome, for it is:
"...Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6
If I believe my God is mighty to save, how can I NOT believe that He is mighty to overcome my weaknesses?

My Jesus, My Savior,
You have accepted me as I am - all my fears and failures. I ask that you move the mountain in my life. You conquered the grave, help me conquer the enemy (often myself) in this daily battle I fight. You never fail! May your mercy fall on me.  I surrender; I give my life to follow that your light might shine through me for the glory of the risen King!

No comments: