Monday, November 14, 2011

Packing Up Suitcases and Moving On

I've been in a "funk" for quite some time. I can't even remember when it started. It has something to do with life changes and resisting where God has me at this point in my life. I know - you've heard this before, but it seems it's a process. One moment, I think I've overcome the "slump", but then something creeps up and pulls me down.

Over the last couple days, God has been gracious to reveal some things to me regarding my clinging ways. There really isn't anything left to grasp. It's time for me to stop looking back, longing for what was. It's time to pack up those suitcases and move on. Like a wonderful vacation, it was great and I have lots of precious memories, but I can't stay. Life goes on. It's tough moving forward when I'm carrying suitcases full of burdens. I'm packing up those cares, concerns, worries and dropping them off at the foot of the cross. I'm ready to run, to dance again, to laugh, and to sing with my Lord!


   "...I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content..." (Philippians 4:11 ESV)

It's a new day, and I have a new attitude. Lord, help me to make it last. 

No comments: