Sunday, October 31, 2010

Masks - What Are We Afraid Of?

The lesson for today's family worship was about wearing masks - the premise is that we all do it. We heard about three types of masks - reasons we wear masks:
     1) To try to emulate others to be what WE WANT to be, 
     2) To "fit in" to our society and what other people want us to be,
     3) To look more spiritual than we are...



The challenge was to think of which mask I am wearing, and get rid of it this week; be who GOD wants me to be - who He created me to be, because God doesn't make junk! He designed me perfectly and has a plan for my life. That plan and purpose doesn't necessarily come without pain and discomfort as he sculpts me perfectly for the work He has prepared just for me!


Gifts received today - 

386. Family Worship Service at Life Fellowship Chapel.
387  God's chisel at work in me - He loves me and cares enough for me to change me.
388. Removing masks today at home...life is just plain hard, right now, but it's ok. We have each other and Jesus walks with us.
389. Ladies' LIFE Monday night - new study, Living Free by Beth Moore. No coincidence that what we get in worship complements what we study in LIFE Group.
390. A relaxing afternoon at home.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments: