Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sleeplessness, Scriptures and My Savior

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4, 6


I spent another sleepless night, last night. Instead of trying to force sleep, I slipped out of my bed, grabbed my Bible and journal and started sharing with Jesus all the thoughts racing through my mind. Scriptures that I had hidden deep in my heart flooded my mind and brought me comfort as I scrawled all that He was saying to me through His Word. I read, wrote, and prayed until I couldn't keep my eyes open and was finally able to slip back into bed for a few hours of sleep.
 
This morning, I picked up my current read - "The Christian Atheist" by Craig Groeschel and continued where I left off - Chapter 8 "When You Believe in God but Still Worry". OUCH! Nothing like having everything God spoke to me in the middle of the night confirmed  by the light of day! He even used ALL of the same scriptures I had read through!
 

 
Lord,
Help me to let go of  the need to control so much in my life. I ask for the peace that passes all understanding to guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.  I'm all yours, Cheryl

No comments: