Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WAIT!

There seems to be a recurring theme I have been hearing, and I'm certain it is the Lord trying to get my attention!

Recently I watched (numerous times in the last three weeks) the movie, "The Lake House". It's about two people separated by time who are required to WAIT to avoid tragedy and to ultimately be together. I watched, feeling their frustration as they tried desperately to be a part of each other's life, living in the same place but separated by 2 years in time. They were able to communicate and build a friendship through letters. They were so close, yet so impossibly far apart. In the end, because they WAITED...

Two of my favorite gals have shared that the Lord has clearly told them to WAIT in their circumstances. They don't understand it, nevertheless it is very clear. Delayed gratification isn't popular in our culture and I ache with them and for them to realize the desires of their hearts in God's time.

During my study in the Psalms last week, the application I chose for my life was to WAIT on the Lord demonstrating my TRUST in Him, His sovereignty, and His faithfulness. As we looked ahead to next week's study in Psalm 40, I had to laugh as I glanced at the 1st verse:
"I waited patiently for the Lord"


Isn't God AWESOME?! The Creator of the universe loves me and cares enough for me to speak to me personally! 
.....
As I filled my bird feeders tonight, I saw tender purple petals peeking through the icy ground. "WAIT!" I cried.

Waiting on you, Lord...patiently! :)

No comments: