Friday, August 12, 2011

Do Everything

Questions I've been wrestling with...
Complaining I've been doing...
Self evaluations I've been making...
Guilt I've been fighting...
Searching and researching...
And all the pleading I've done over the past year and a half...
in the daily conversations
with My Lord 
He repeatedly confirms, 
and I am confident...
I'm right where He wants me,
doing the work He has prepared  
- in advance - for ME
with the gifts and talents He created ME to have 
along with the knowledge and experience He's given ME
as I have walked in obedience 
and the lessons I've learned when I strayed, stumbled, and fell;
The work He's prepared for me is NOT the work He has  for you.

Whether 
a stay-at-home wife & mother or automotive engineer
setting a table or setting up meetings
pushing a grocery cart or pulling a briefcase
running ministries or running tests
in t-shirt and shorts or business casual
serving on a church committee or serving on a corporate board
living on a limited budget or earning overflow to bless others 
wherever, whatever, whenever, to whomever
I want to
"do EVERYTHING in the name of the Lord Jesus.
giving thanks to God the Father through him."

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love that song...what a great reminder!