Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Work is a Gift

"Behold what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil - this is the gift of God." Ecclesiastes 5:18-19

How fitting that I was in Ecclesiastes through the Labor Day weekend. Though I've studied the book before, I read it this weekend with a different attitude and gained much insight by reading it straight through. There is so much wisdom from Solomon about so many things relevant in my life: about striving, about priorities, about trusting His timing, about wealth, about things I cannot control...

I pouted a bit because I was not able to "fellowship" and camp-out with my church family. This was truly a family LABOR Day weekend filled with Labor and I wish I could say that I rejoiced in it. God is still working on me. :) I did enjoy having Cristin around for the first time in four years. *sigh* :

Cristin worked with Dad to clear brush and set tree stands for hunting season.

Craig was irritated because he couldn't find the keys to the right vehicle. The engineer in me: Encounter a problem, find a solution and fix the problem!

I labeled the key holders AND each set of keys! (My OBC Friends - remember this VBS craft?)

We moved Great Grandma O'Briens piano from Grandpa O'Briens garage where it has rested for the past 10 years -  summers, winters, falls, and springs. It's amazingly in great shape and still quite tuned. INCREDIBLE!

Grandpa's antler collection laid out for pics to post on Craig's list/amazon/ebay. (I have Craig's set to take care of as well!)

I washed the old van inside and out. 
She looks pretty darn good for 13 years and 197K miles!

The shrubbery got a "haircut".

We did take time out to play in the evenings...

I organized my knitting projects and started on my goal of finishing projects... 
Lord, 
Thank you for ALL the work you've given me - at home, at GM, in my marriage. Help me work as if working for you!

No comments: