Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping Up the Old and Ringing in the New

Today, I spent time putting the house, computer...my life in order.

There are things I am tossing out,
     deleting,
          rearranging to get ready for the new year:

New things,
     new activities,
          new opportunities to live for Him!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." (2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV)

"Out" with my old nightshirt I've worn just about every night since May 1994 - I finally splurged on a new one! :)
It is so comfy, but you can see through it and holes have appeared. I hate togive it up, but there's really no sense in wearing it in this condition.  ;-)
"In" with the new nightshirt!

"Out" with keeping up shallow Facebook cyber relationships, and "In" with developing deep, life impacting face-to face, relationships. I don't plan to be on very much, so call, text (on my new phone), or stop by for coffee to catch me up on your life.

"Out" with trying to get what I don't have and "In" with being content with all that God has blessed me with: the people He has brought into my life for such a time as this, the opportunities He's given me, the provision he's made for me.

"Out" with the out of shape I'm in and "In" with health and fitness.

I'm excited about all the possibilities and HOPE 2012 holds.

No comments: