Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Race of My Life

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ESV)
As I take time to contemplate 2011, I am overwhelmed by the "prizes" I have received: God's goodness and blessing poured out for me and my family. I am also acutely aware of how I stray from the path of His best for me.


In 2012, my desire is to run the race He has planned for me - for His glory:
  • Run that I may obtain the prize; "Well done, good and faithful servant."
  • Exercise self-control in ALL things; eating and speaking are my troublesome areas.
  • NOT run aimlessly, but with purpose;  the harvest is plentiful.
  • Discipline my body and keep it under control; "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."


This is my "50th Year Great Adventure with God" :

Memory Verse Monday - Scripture Memory Verse of the week
Training Tuesday - Training progress for health and fitness - 5Ks, 10Ks, Triathlon?, half  marathon, marathon? (OK, now that's a stretch!) 
Weight-Watch Wednesday - Weight loss progress
Thankful Thursday - "God Sightings" as Pastor Ty labeled it. Where and how God showed up during the week.
Fun Times Friday - Making a priority to have fun with friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, neighbors.
SongSpiration Saturday/Sunday - Music that inspired me during the week.





Lord,
Work a new thing in me this new year. 

1 comment:

Angela Baylis said...

I love your plan for 2012. We will both be 50 this year! What an adventure it has been thus far! I'm excited for what God has in store for us in the next 50 years!
xoxoxoxo