Sunday, February 5, 2012

Content In My Weaknesses?

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV)
No, I'm not content with my weight - the "thorn in the flesh" I have wrestled with all of my life. It is the weakness that continues to humble me, daily. I AM working to be content in the journey as I struggle on, in His strength. Any success I achieve is only by His grace and ALL the glory is His alone - that is worth boasting about!

Strengthening exercises - The Journey through the Chronological Bible:
It's been encouraging to read through the lives of the patriarchs of our faith. Their lives were filled with trials, failures, and unanswered questions. They were faced with decisions that required they step out in faith without much detail. I've read it before, but this time around, it is more real to me. I am identifying. It's helping me put my life into perspective and strengthens my trust in God's plan for me and my family.

Jumping out at me...the sins and mistakes repeated in successive generations. It's challenging me as a parent. How am I living my life before my children. Do my choices honor God? How about my attitudes. So much more is caught than taught.

Lord, I want to be a light reflecting you to the world, but even more, I want to leave Godly footprints for my children to follow.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm doing the same chronological read, have loved reading about the patriarchs, and I've just finished Exodus...I'm a couple days ahead. Anyway, I'm just not getting what I need to out of the building of the tabernacle and having to read the measurements and requirements time and time again. And then there's Lev. Oh, boy...