Saturday, March 24, 2012

In the Whirlwind

The past few weeks have literally flown by. I'm thankful for our Ladies' Bible Study, because it is keeping me focused on what I need to do today. It is a bit redundant and slow compared to others we've done, but God knew this would be exactly what I would need at this time. He is AWESOME!

Monday Memory Verses - A command with certain comfort for me and for my family, knowing God is always with us - that he even goes before us and leads the way in the adventure and the work He has called us to:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
(Joshua 1:9 ESV)
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
(Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV)
Training Tuesdays - It's getting easier - not easy, but easier - to run the 5Ks I have mapped out around my house. The most difficult is the Ramsey route which has a steep hill, just shy of the 1 mile mark. Yesterday, I ran the entire "Race for the Cure" 5 K route on my treadmill. It was so fun to virtually see the road and buildings as my treadmill has a "street view" option. I remembered some of the buildings and turns from two years ago, and cheered when Tiger Stadium came into view. I forgot that once we got to the stadium, we had to run AROUND it. LOL! I made it! YAY! That is the first milestone.

Weight Watch Wednesday - All I can say is - the slope is still negative, which is positive. I would like it to be more negative. Being on the road traveling a lot, makes eating right, difficult. I am getting better at making good choices, though.

Thankful Thursday - WOW! How do I begin?
- Thankful for the flexibility of my job that allows me to work from any location, at flexible hours.
- Thankful for the two fun days road-tripping with Cristin to her job interviews in Ft. Wayne, IN.
- Thankful for God's clear answer to Cristin accepting her first job offer.
- Thankful for God's provision of the perfect apartment for Cristin - the least expensive, with open spaces, and tenants her age in a great location with lots of stores nearby and easy access to the expressway!
- Thankful for an e-mail from a supplier in Germany I have never met and the instant connection we made as a brother/sister in Christ. It  made my day, and my response made his. :) (He had typed "Read John 3:16" at the very bottom of his e-mail. I replied "John 10:10 - Living the abundant life! :)" Subsequent e-mails indicated that he is no longer allowed to include Bible verses at the bottom of his e-mails, but we can still Praise God together, through our correspondence with the knowledge we already have of our common bond.

Songspiration Saturday & Sunday - One of my favorite albums to run to is Jeremy Camp's "Live Unplugged".  This week, these two songs kept playing in my head - they kinda go together:
-


Lord - 
Empty me - I want less of me (literally and figuratively speaking) and more of You! Empty me of any desire that's not of you. My desire is to be used by you...

1 comment:

Angie said...

So many praises!!! Yeah! And to think Cristin in done with her college studies right now, and is starting a new job...where did that time go? I still remember her singing and playing the piano in the old Ponderosa building before she left for her first year.