Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lessons from "Life Without Limits"

An activity we enjoyed with Aunt Rita and Uncle Randy is Movie Night. From quite a selection of movies we hadn't seen to choose from, we chose "Soul Surfer, The Incredible True Story of Bethany Hamilton".  

You probably have heard of it, if not already seen it. It is an amazing story of family, friends, and most of all - faith. It is about understanding God's calling in your life, and living it out fully, in every circumstance you find yourself. It is about trusting God for all things.  In summary, it is inspiring! It is a must have for my collection - on my Christmas/birthday wish list!

Ironically, I had also brought "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic to read on my vacation. Nick, born without arms and legs, tells his "secret" to living the full, inspiring life God designed for him. No arms? No legs? No Problem! Nick is honest about his struggles, but most of all, he is inspiring as he lives out the abundant life in Christ.

I laughed. 
I cried. 
I am inspired!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."  (John 10:10 ESV)

The stories of these two amazing people have humbled me and inspired me to take hold of the abundant life God has given me and live it to the fullest for Him! 

Lord, I can easily get discouraged about the little disappointments in life, dwell on my own failures as well as the hurts I feel from others failing me. Help me to look above my circumstances to the hope I have in you.

No comments: