Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Ridiculously Hard"

That was the commentary I received about the trail we were to run for Lake Ann's 5K Fundraiser Saturday morning. That, my friend, was an understatement!
I failed meeting my very minimal objective of running the entire 5K and ended up walking for a sad time of around 47minutes; the hills were too much after starting out way too fast of a pace for me. While I don't train on solid track or road, and am used to some dirt and gravel, this trail  was over the top - a maze of hills, sand, gravel...did I mention hills? ...roots, sticks...don't let me forget, HILLS! 
KILLER HILLS!
God reminded me that He is there with me in my successes and there for me in my failures. The failures keep me humbly dependent upon Him. Honestly, not much about this weekend went the way I had envisioned, but God used it to help me climb some other mountains in my life, to work on calming some raging "seas", and to heal some hurts.
It was a gift to spend a day enjoying God's creation - a warm, sunny day on a beautiful wooded lake side trail in northern Michigan. 
I was blessed by my dorm-mates - fun godly young women who encouraged me. Thanks Kristy, Betsy, Stacy, Kaley, and Jo!
God spoke to me through His Word.
I had over eight hours of drive time to pour out  all my fear and doubts - and He heard the cries of my heart.
He is near - I am blessed.

No comments: