Monday, May 28, 2012

My Running - Redeemed

I was discouraged about my running performance last week at Lake Ann, but I picked myself up and started again. I had signed up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure months ago, but I wasn't able to get anyone to join me, and I just wasn't up to driving to Detroit  by myself, again. Instead, I ran my own 5K, locally. My time was not record breaking, or even that great, but better than last weekend...much better - just under 40 minutes. So thankful for the opportunity to try again. As congressman Tim Scott said in his Commencement Address to CSU Graduates a few weeks ago, "You need to learn to fail forward." This week my running has been redeemed...



Thank you, Lord for the gift of second chances, especially in the Race called "LIFE" as I often miss your goals. I am thankful that you provide second chances through your son, my Redeemer who is Christ Jesus.


No comments: