Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finding Wings


As a parent, my goal was to raise my children to be responsible, independent adults who love God with all their heart and live to serve Him and His people. As the time came to nudge them out of the nest, my protective nature took over, and it became clear this "letting go" was going to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. This weekend, God allowed me to witness the strength of their wings and the wind beneath them. He also gave me peace to unfold my own wings, which will allow me to soar to the new heights and new adventures He has been preparing for me.



Today, I'm thanking Him for these gifts:
362. Seeing my kids maturing and flourishing as they spread their wings and begin to fly; Thankful for the opportunities God is providing for each one of them.
363. An uneventful college road trip and caravan to Alabama (UAH) and South Carolina (CSU).
364. A gracious and helpful Holiday Inn Express Hotel manager who remedied my booking mistake with a smile.
365. Spending a couple hours with both “kids” and listening to the familiar “banter” between them.
366. Aunt Carol’s gracious hospitality offering a drop in room for the night with a goody bag of healthy fruit and muffins for the road.
367. The gift of a loaf of fresh home(dorm)-baked bread from Chad as we said goodbyes for another 3 months.
368. Hanging out with Cristin’s roommates in their awesome Super Senior Suite while they unpacked and shared stories of summer.
369. Safe, uneventful flights to a wonderful husband waiting to whisk me home.
370. An understanding boss.
371. The flexibility of working online and off-site.

It's time to move on to the new adventures God has planned for all of us. I'm finally ready!
“Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;

now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19

No comments: