Sunday, June 17, 2012

Things I Learned From My Dad

Dad,

It's Father's Day and even though I'm not able to be with you, I am thinking about you, treasuring wonderful memories, and thanking God for you and the special relationship we share. I love spending time with you. 

You taught me so much. Here are a few things that I learned:






*Family is important. 
*You need to stick up for, stand with and support your family before anyone else. 











*Honor your mother.

*Gender roles are to be crossed. Men can "BUILD" a cake too! :)






*Honor your elders.







*When you borrow something, return it in as good (or better if possible) condition than you received it. (Even if the owner is a big corporation like GM.)




*When you say "Yes" to something, you are choosing to say, "NO!" to something else.
*Make time for leisure.
*As a family, we work together so we can play together.










*How to water ski and snow ski.






*Dare to Dream. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something. 

*If you want it, work for it; work HARD.

*How to swing a hammer.
*Don't be afraid to try new things.
*Always give your best effort.
*When you fall, pick yourself up, get back on, and try again.





*How to windmill a softball pitch. =)


*How to ride a bicycle. 
*As you struggle to climb those hills (in life) that seem impossible or fight against a headwind, you are building character.





 

*Free throws are a scrappy guard's "bread and butter". 








 


*Follow through with your promises and be responsible. 
*Learn skills to be an independent woman.
*How to change a tire and change the oil in my car. (OK - I never did learn to change my oil. One big mess was enough!) :-D





You are an amazing man, and as I grew up, I was watching you...



Love, 
Daddy's Little Girl


No comments: