Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Better-er


I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the LORD, and he answered me...
(Psalm 34:1-4 ESV)
I had a really bad day, yesterday. All of my tests are down for one reason or another. The one I thought I had fixed aborted after 1.5 hours (It's a 22 hour test) My very important project is still sitting idle and I'm all out of ideas on how to fix it. Then I had a very frustrating hour and a half phone call that kept me an hour over.

That was then, this is now...
I started out the day by praying the entire way to work. I prayed first of all, that my attitude would be positive and bring glory to God whether things went the way I wanted or not. I prayed for each test, and every contact I needed to make. I prayed for my co-workers. I prayed over my schedule. I prayed.

By the time I got to work, I marched in with confidence and a positive outlook for the day.

Guess what...I had a great day!
My co-worker and "right hand man" encouraged me, "It will be better-er", he said with a grin.


I was able to replace the one part without totally disassembling. I tore the test down and built it back up without the slightest hitch. Every tight fit and problem area "miraculously" slid together and I got the test up and running in record time - even with replacing a part!

I sent out an e-mail looking for the replacement parts I've been anxiously awaiting to repair my equipment. The response was almost immediate (@ 6:30 in the morning!) that my parts should arrive by Monday! Woohoo! Praying this is the answer to my troubles with a certain test rig. This same rig had two other parts replaced and calibrated without any problems - all before 10 a.m., AND I calibrated the instrument with one phone call and it's now running better than ever. (That person must have been waiting for me to call, too!) 

Not everything went well. My reference test failed again, but at least I have a troubleshooting plan in process. I have hope. I know who has my back and He will lead me - or catch me. He hears and answers my cry for help; my job is to cry out to Him.

Thank you for the encouragement.
Thank you for how you planned out my day and answered my cry in every way.
Thank you for allowing me to "see" your answers, today.
You are AWESOME God! You make all things "better-er", in Your time...

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a great outlook. It really is His job and His tests and He knows just what needs to take place, at what time, and how He needs to work through people to get there. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement through this post!