Monday, August 6, 2012

I've Got Reasons

To bless the Lord, O my soul...



...for He has surely blessed me!

I have just completed 2 years back to GM as a full time, directly employed engineer. I can hardly believe that it's been a year since my probationary period ended. I am still learning. I still feel totally inadequate. I still make lots of mistakes. I still say dumb things. (really dumb things!) I am still getting to know my co-workers and colleagues. I definitely don't have it all figured out. I am SO thankful for the grace my boss and co-workers extend to me. I've wanted to quit, but they encourage me on. Blessed - that's what I am!

Thanks to the job that I have, I got to spend a week with my gal, mostly just hanging out together after work in her apartment, getting a chance to see where she worships, lives and to hang out with her colleague-friends! WOW! Did I say colleagues? Blessed - that's what I am!

Chatting for an hour with my "little" guy. Yeah - HE called me...just to chat. Not to ask for anything. Love hearing his voice. Love the positive attitude that flows through the receiver. Love the chuckles and digs when I've overstepped into the "nosey"  - information you don't need to know, Mom - area. Funny. Blessed - that's what I am!

Spent an absolutely gorgeous day on the golf course with colleagues from all over the industry; some suppliers, some competitors, some who formerly held my job, some who share my faith and how neat it is to have that connection and be able to share how God is working in our lives in the midst of talking "shop". Blessed - that's what I am!

"Seeing" prayers answered for my family. A special doctor who shares our faith and my desire to go "natural". A therapist who relates perfectly. Blessed - that's what I am!

Lord,
"Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes..." because I have 10000 reasons to bless your name.

No comments: