Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Goals - Not Resolutions!

“Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” ~ Fitzhugh Dodson

Goals give me direction and achieving them, motivates me. It gives me something to focus on and  those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE to check things off of a list. I also believe in "never give up or give in", and "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again"!

So here goes...my goals for 2010:

1. Read through the Bible. (Using the reading plan, Every Day in The Word )

2. Memorize one Scripture verse each week. (I post one every Monday)


3. Lose 25 pounds. I really need to lose 50, but we'll start reasonable. (I am working on a plan and looking for an accountability partner to work with me - praying that my hubby will join me.)


4. Complete a full sprint triathlon. (Start training, Monday, indoors)


5. Complete a 10K run - the Crim? (Run at least 3 times/week)


6. Finish the knitting projects I've begun. (Knit 1 hour, 3 nights/week)


7. Use up my yarn on new projects.

8. Complete the photo albums I've started. (One day each week)


9. Clean each room in the house thoroughly. (Schedule weekend time)


10. Finish repairing the hall wall, and re-hang the coat rack. 

"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord...Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established...The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps...Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 16:1,3,9, & 19:21
Lord,

Most of all, my heart's desire is to please you and accomplish Your purpose in my life in 2010.
 

No comments: