Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Quiet House & "ME" Management

It's week two of 2010. I've been trying to manage my time better...*NEWSFLASH*... from this morning: Time cannot be managed, it's actually ME that needs managing. I really knew that. That's why it's so hard. I have to change.

Right now, it would be easier to focus on the negative that seems to surround me, but this is the place where I share the positive, the "Gifts" I have received from God.

307. Drinking coffee and knitting with my neighbor and good friend.

308. Listening, for a change, instead of doing all the talking. *I need to do more of this. Make a note...

309. The guys (our nephew and three friends) accepting Craig's invitation to attend a "Wild Game Dinner" at a local church.

310. Quiet time at home, alone with the dog.

311. Mia snuggling up behind me while I work on the computer.

312. A walk in the sunshine with my hubby and dog on a cold, snowy day.

313. Getting to the halfway mark in my knitting project - that's an accomplishment!

314. Hugs from lots of women at church.

315. A call from Mom, who is vacationing in Hawaii.

I confess that I stumbled a bit today, having a little "pity party" over what I have "given up". It is nothing compared to what I have gained in You, Lord! Thank you for helping me to re-focus on the principles of this morning's message: "God's schedule never distracts, destroys, discourages, disappoints, or defeats." Lord, help me to live this out loud! 




"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

No comments: