Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wondering...

...what the new year will bring. There is my new job...Chad is applying for summer co-ops and internships... and Cristin is already thinking about her summer job, away. We are not promised tomorrow on this earth, much less another day with any of our loved ones. I am learning to treasure each moment we have together, to overlook offenses, and to seek out the positive in every situation, because life is short and very fragile. Note - I said "learning".

Here is a continuation of my list of "1000 Gifts" from the past couple of days:

282. Bargain buys at the NEW Salvation Army Thrift Store in Oxford. Eight shirts to wear to my NEW job in the chem lab for $15 and name brands like Liz Claiborne, Croft & Barrow, Old Navy,...

283. Visiting a long time friend, catching up on each other's lives for over three hours! Good friendships never die, they just grow old with you.

284. An e-mail from an elementary school friend I haven't talked to in a while. I cherish friends who make you feel like you've never lost contact; you pick up where you left off...

285. An evening of fun with my family, sister, and nephews - eating tacos and playing games: WIZARD, Catch Phrase, and Apples to Apples - Bible Edition

286. Laughing so hard I could barely breathe

287. Having adult conversations and laughing with all the "young" adults in our family. They are all grown up, talking about college, their futures, and much more.

288. Playing pinnochle with the family until bed time. It is a gift to have the family around the kitchen table, again. 

289. Cuddling between my gal and my hubby during worship - being able to squeeze a hand or a shoulder, and knowing what each other is thinking without saying a word.

290. Coffee time between services to connect with some new friends.

291. Happy for my gal being able to spend the day with "That Boy" and his family. :)

 

Lord,

I thank you for the gifts of family and friends; relationships that last a lifetime, stand the tests of the trials of life, grow through the good and the bad times - they are gifts from you and just a glimpse of the love and faithfulness you show me every day of my life.


Committed to you for life, 


Cheryl

No comments: