Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Training Tuesday - 50th Year Goals

During this year-long adventure, my ultimate goal would be to complete a half marathon representing my half century mark. Right now, that is unrealistic at best, and probably dangerous. Since my mini-sprint-triathlon and a few 5K's over two years ago, I haven't done any training. Regular exercise has been unknown to me since I started full time work back at GM in December 2009, and I have put on 20 extra pounds. Needless to say this is going to be a long, hard road.

For incentive, I have committed to the following benchmarks along the way. Here are the first two:

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Detroit, May 26th, 2012 - My goal is to run the entire 5K. I'm not trying to win any races, my goal is to finish without having to walk. That means one foot is always off the ground!

The Ann Arbor Marathon June 17th with my MMB "Big Sis", Jan "Z" Karnes and other MMB families. No, I don't have any grand "delusions" of running the Marathon or even the half marathon (unless - a miracle?), but to run the 5K and improve my time from the Susan G. Komen.

My current state: not much more than a 3 mph pace for 3.2 miles at various elevations every day for the past 8 days. I have a long way to go.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

No comments: