Saturday, January 21, 2012

Catching Up

It's been quite busy these past couple of weeks. I'll try to summarize:

I've been working hard at keeping first things first...doing what's important; focusing on what really matters.

I started reading through the Bible in a year using "The Chronological Bible" with Cristin. It always amazes me how "new" things catch my attention every time I read the Scriptures. Even though we don't regularly talk about our reading, it's just fun to know we're on this journey together. 

Memory Verse Monday...Our Ladies' LIFE Group started a new study, "Loving God with All Your Mind" by Elizabeth George. From the start, I can tell it's what I need. Our first Scripture memory is Philippians 4:8. I wrote it out in 5 translations and am working diligently to think about - no - dwell on  whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, excellent, or worthy of praise.
One of my coworkers said he is in a series about getting "unstuck". I like that. I need to get "unstuck" this year, starting with my thought life. Thankful for my "brothers and sisters" in Christ at my workplace. They are a source of joy.

Training Tuesdays...well, I've kept up with my exercise. I've only missed 5 days of working out, and some days I actually get two workouts in. I am finding that I prefer to walk/run outside, but in these brutal temperatures, I'm thankful for the treadmill. My colleagues and I even met by 6 a.m. to work out before our full days of meetings and tours in San Antonio. It was great to have that peer pressure and accountability.

Weight Watch Wednesdays...I am down one whole pound. Focusing on the positive - it's the right direction. I try not to feel discouraged about the progress with all the working out and watching what I eat. I re-joined Weight Watchers Online. This is another thing that takes up my time, but my friend, Kelly encouraged me that keeping track of everything that goes in the mouth was the only thing that helped her. It is really eye-opening and is giving me a new awareness of how much I really eat. Thankful for wisdom from other warriors fighting the same battles.

Thankful Thursdays...Thankful for a productive business trip and safe travels last week and a very encouraging performance review and group meetings with my boss this week. I have a new appreciation for his leadership. I'm also thankful for the means to take a vacation - 2 of them planned this week; one to Arizona to visit Nonna, Gramps, Aunt Rita, and Uncle Randy and the other to Charleston for Cristin's graduation in May. Six round trip plane tickets for a grand total of $105 (I ran out of frequent flier miles - temporarily). Now to start planning those trips: sightseeing trips, hotels, parties...

Fun Fridays...This still needs some work! I started playing Scrabble with Chad on Facebook. Does that count? Craig and I enjoyed a "date" on Sunday. Perhaps that should count! I was supposed to go out with a girlfriend last night, but with the threat of snowstorm we postponed our fun to this afternoon. I'm looking forward to meeting up with her at GLC.

Busy...but good. Finding joy in the journey this year.

1 comment:

Angie said...

The boys and I are doing the Bible in a year, chronologically, too! I'm so glad I can keep up with you on your blog!