Monday, October 12, 2009

Meditating on Morning Devotions

I have come to appreciate the encouragement to do morning devotions. When it is done the first thing in the morning, those Scriptures are foremost in my mind, thoughts, prayers and meditation throughout the day. I can't seem to get away from it! (Not that I would want to.)

Today, my reading brought me to 1 Thessalonians 5. It is so awesome how full this passage is! Verses 1-11 reinforces what we'll be discussing in Luke 17:20-37 at our Ladies' LIFE group, tonight. It also reinforces some principles I gleaned from Jeremiah 19-21, which was part of my OT reading for the day.

Verses 12-28 caused me to thank God for my local assembly, Life Fellowship Chapel and to pray for the leadership that I so appreciate: Pastor Larry, Pastor Jim, Dave, our Elders, and Deacons. Within those verses there are also several challenges to me personally, and I have been able to dwell on those verses throughout the day, asking the Lord to search my own heart, test me, and lead me in the way.

What an amazing God I serve! It is an awesome, almost unbelievable concept to try to explain  - that I have such a relationship with the true, living God! All PRAISE to Yeshua Ha'Mashiach!

No comments: