Friday, October 9, 2009

A New Blog

I am moving from Xanga to Blogger, since my friends who blog are here. (Hi Angie and Nikki!)
There's way too much to catch up on, so I'll just start where I am...

This week was busy coming off of an awesome Ladies' Retreat at Spring Hill. (See Angie's blog for details.)

On Monday, my Ladies' LIFE group went on a "field trip" to Maranatha Baptist Church to join our sisters in Christ for their first fall fellowship. Susan Johnson from Baptists for Israel Institute shared the message about God's Power in Our Lives Through Waiting. She definitely ministered to each one of us in our own places of waiting and encouraged us through so many truths from God's Word. We left encouraged and challenged.

Tuesday morning, I received a surprise call from Susan: an invitation to join her and the ladies of Maranatha at their weekly Bible Study, "The Practice of Godliness". It was a sweet time of encouragement and challenge, once again. I love the fellowship among believers. We may not belong to the same local body, but our hearts are united in Christ! Several of us took a  couple laps around the church parking lot before we headed off to the Chinese Buffet for lunch. I ate WAY too much, but it was a yummy treat.

Wednesday we were notified that Dad O'Brien was in the ER with blood clots up his legs. After a CAT scan ruled out a brain hemorrhage, he was admitted and promptly put on heparin. I have spent the last two days sitting with the family at the hospital. This morning, Dad had surgery to implant a filter in his vein and is doing much better.

We have commitments scheduled for tomorrow, so I am wondering when I will get the weekly cleaning done. Oh well...I suppose the world won't end if I don't get to it this week!

No comments: