Thursday, October 22, 2009

Windows of Heaven, Opened

I met with a longtime friend, and we had a delightful time catching up on each others' lives and families. I shared with her my longing to travel to Alabama for Thanksgiving, dampened by the concern about finances. I have done calculations, and tried to convince my hubby that it wouldn't cost much: just gas, which shouldn't be too much, since we now have a fairly reliable vehicle that gets 27mpg; we would have FREE accommodations with LOTS of relatives (ok-I'm making assumptions that they would take us in.); and I could pack a cooler for food. (Well, maybe I would add on a few bucks for fast food.) Needless to say, he's looking at the cash flow for the next few months, and it continues to look a bit red by mid-January when a couple of big bills are expected...

My friend reminded me of her pastor's wife who prays specifically for things and waits for God to answer.YES! I said. Our retreat speaker told stories of how she asked for the strangest things, and God answered in the most amazing ways. I KNOW these things, and I THINK I pray this way, but I realized I hadn't taken this exact amount needed to the Lord. It was more like, "Lord, please provide for 'such and such'..." We've also been studying quite a bit about prayer in our Ladies' LIFE study in "Luke". Sometimes I am a little slow in seeing things! I decided right then, that I would pray for the exact amount I thought we would need to cover the trip and wait to see how God answered.

When I got home, I found in my mail - you guessed it - my answer in abundance! I mean, OVERFLOWING, ABUNDANTLY MORE THAN I EVEN IMAGINED!

Our God, is an AWESOME God!
.
.
.
(Now, I still have to convince my husband that this is God's answer that we should go. LOL!)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Way cool!! You have to share more Monday night!!