Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yay - I Have a New Cell Phone!

I finally did it. After much prayer (seriously - because I had been so angry about the circumstances, I had to wait until my attitude was right, that I would be able to reflect well on my Lord during this confrontation), I calmly walked into my Verizon Wireless store with my bag of goodies in hand. The goodies included my cell phone - the upgrade I received in February that did not get reception at my house - along with all the paperwork for both mine and Cristin's upgrades. I calmly explained my dilemma, and how I felt that I got "taken" on the deal, and was now using a phone whose buttons no longer worked because they sold me an upgrade that didn't work at my house and were going to require me to pay a $35 "restocking" fee to exchange it (the FREE upgrade!).

My waiting (since April) paid off, because standing in front of me was the Regional Manager, who was in the process of "cleaning up the messes" of two former employees. When he looked at my paperwork, and saw who I had dealt with (those two former employees), he immediately was apologetic and bent over backwards to try to make amends. I think he really wanted to keep me as a customer!

I walked out of the store with a new "refurbished" Motorola phone that seems to work in my home. It is not as fancy as the Motorola phones the kids got upgraded to, but so far, it is MUCH better than what I was using and better than the phone I had upgraded to. The manager also gave me a charger, a brand new battery for the phone, and a silicone cover, along with a promise of $60 in free merchandise when I come in for my next upgrade - in 2011, mind you!

It reminded me of "Esther"; as she waited for the proper timing to expose Haman, God was working behind the scenes in the circumstances of the king. Even though I wanted to take my phones back months ago, God restrained me as he worked on my attitude and also the circumstances at Verizon.

God is good all the time! All the time, God is good!

On the side...I made a delicious dessert: Grammas Apple Bread Pudding topped with Rum Sauce (You can substitute Rum flavoring for the rum.) I even made my own brown sugar; how fun! It was YUMMY!

No comments: