Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sometimes It's the SimpleThings

These seemingly simple things are treasured gifts in the busyness of this life I now live.

399. Getting a full 8 hours of sound sleep - two nights in a row!
400. Being able to finally leave work on time.
401. The excitement of receiving vacation details and confirmation packets in the mail.
402. Relaxing, face to face (well, foot to foot) and talking with my hubby under the cozy cover of one of our wedding afghans, without any other distractions-no t.v., radio, projects...
403. An invitation to join another family's Thanksgiving dinner and celebration.
404. Washing floors and doing household chores while listening to an exciting Michigan Football game on the radio. Brought back lots of memories of my high school Saturdays on "the farm" in Fenton.
405. Working in the kitchen side by side with my mom, baking an apple pie from scratch as we caught up on life.
406. Watching my dad and hubby having some side-by-side time, sighting in firearms off the deck, and the look of pride on my dad's face as his first shot was reported a bullseye!
407. Enjoying leftovers with company - more like enjoying company while eating leftovers. No need to get fancy after a busy day of chores.
408. Corporate worship and the confirmation of the Lord's Word to me all week through song:



My Scripture memory for this week:
"Jesus said to her, 'Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'"(John 4:13-14 ESV)

Lord, I know you are more than enough - help me live like you are more than enough!

No comments: