Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's the Little Things

that brought me joy and blessing yesterday, and I record them, now in my "1000 Gifts".

111. A phone call and long conversation with Chad, who sounds so good.
112. Hearing that he is looking forward to coming home.
113. Hearing that he has made plans to work at Meijer while on break for the month.
114. Hearing that he's been enjoyed and appreciated by my Alabama family. I am so glad for the family's support while he is so far from home.

115. Dad O'Brien being in good spirits and looking well at the large family "Christmas" gathering.
116. A fun gift exchange game.
117. Getting to know new family members and others a little bit better - since we only see them once or twice a year.
118. Driving through my old stomping grounds, past the Fenton United Methodist Church where we were married 24 years ago, past Jan (Phillips) Johnson's childhood home, up Denton Hill...a walk down memory lane.
119. Hearing Cristin landed some holiday work for spending money.
120. Finalizing Christmas plans with the family! YAY!

No comments: