Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Much to be Thankful for...

I have been lamenting the fact that we can't be with either of our kids this year. I'm sure it is the first of many more to come, which makes me sad. What happened to the days of big extended family gatherings? I miss them. We will be hosting the O'Brien family on Thanksgiving Day - it will be a gathering of 5. My mom sent me this video, which puts my feelings of loss and loneliness into the proper perspective:


83. I am thankful for all our service men and women and am praying for them and their families this Thanksgiving.

84. Starting my Thanksgiving Feast two days early. It feels so good to be organized, have a plan, and work the plan. After I had done all I could last night, I sat at the table trying to figure out what I was missing...things are just too smooth!

85. Spending the entire evening in the kitchen with my favorite music playing in the background, and no TV on. Ahhh, 'tis bliss!

86. Mia, Cristin's cat following me around like my puppy dog. She jumped up on the chair behind me and started purring every time I sat down. She is so cuddly and sweet - unlike any other cat I've had.

87. Finishing a tough training session. I took Monday off after 4 days of 3.2 mile runs. I think it was a mistake. Yesterday was hard. I guess it didn't help that I picked the wrong album to listen to and finally stopped after the first mile to change it.

88. Hubby having success working on the vehicles. He's like a super sleuth when home and vehicles go awry. He doesn't ever stop trying to figure it out and fix it. I admire his tenacity.

89. Daily long walks (accompanied by long talks) with my good friend. We're in similar situations and it's so nice to have a listening ear, encouraging words, and sometimes soft, loving correction that goes both ways.

90. Getting a new haircut. Well, not so much a new style, but refreshed. It was long overdue. My last cut was the first of August.

91.Wearing earrings for the first time in about 19 years. A friend told me how she keeps from getting infections, so I bought a new pair at a jewelry show, and tried them out. How fun!

92. Receiving TWO Thanksgiving cards via "snail" mail!

Lord, 
Thank you for all your blessings. Help me to be a blessing to You and to those I meet each day.
With all my heart,
Cheryl


1 comment:

Angela Baylis said...

I'm sorry you can't be with your kids for Thanksgiving, Cheryl. We are in Arizona with Meghan, but our son, John wasn't able to join us. His best friend's dad passed away and he ended up going home for the funeral. It is really killing me to not be with him, but I guess that's the way it has to be sometimes. I'm especially thankful we were able to meet this year! I'm still amazed by that one! Have a great day tomorrow! I can't watch your video because my daughter is sleeping right next to me! I'll be back!
Love,
Angie xoxo