Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Training Again

I have started training again, (YAHOO!) this time for a couple of 5K "races", though, if you know me, you know I will just be training to finish! My ultimate goal is to not walk at all until I cross the finish line. My dad and my daughter are my motivation.

Since it doesn't look like we will be able to travel to Alabama for Thanksgiving with the kids, I plan to run the Turkey Trot prior to the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 26th. I have a cousin who is marching with her H.S. band drum line in the parade, so I'll hang out with the family and watch the parade after the run. It should be fun, bringing back memories of my childhood and great family times together. There is one other 5K called "Clarkston's Candy Cane" Race for Recovery. That's December 12th...hmmm, there might be snow. B-r-r-r-r! (Chad, you'll be home. Do you want to run with me?)

As I practice the disciplines of training my body for the runs, I am reminded of how it is like the disciplines of the faith... Oh, how I want to finish the race in a manner to receive the ultimate prize and not be disqualified.

Anyone want to be on my team? :-D

No comments: