Thursday, December 31, 2009

The 2009 Highlights of the 4-C’s

What an amazing year 2009 has been for the O’Briens. God has poured out His blessings to overflowing!


This spring, Craig and Cheryl traveled to Israel for a “once in a lifetime” trip. It was an awe-inspiring, two week “Prophecy Seminar” with Baptists for Israel Institute. They spent a week in the northern part of Israel - the Galilee - and a week in the southern end - Judea, spending two days in Jerusalem. Their teachers opened the Scriptures in a new way and have caused the Bible to “come alive” for them.


The highlight of Cristin’s year was her summer at Spring Hill Camp as a “New Frontiers Wrangler Counselor Coach” for 6th-9th grade girls. She was overwhelmed that God would use her to impact these young women for Christ. She is now in her junior year at Charleston Southern University, working in Residence Life on an upper-class women’s residence hall, and loves her studies in Music Therapy.



In June, Chad graduated from Oxford High School with Highest Honors. He spent the summer working at Meijer and saving before embarking on his next great adventure studying Aerospace Engineering at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. The highlights of his first semester include the coolest roommates, spending fall break and Thanksgiving with the Alabama Knable Klan, a visit from Nonna & Gramps Knable, and a road-trip visit from Cristin for a long weekend during her fall break.








Cheryl is looking forward to ending 2009 by spending two full weeks together as a family, before embarking on her next “Great Adventure”, a six month contract working in the Chemistry Lab at GM with Craig. We’ve come full circle, and are enjoying life as “empty nesters”.

May you and your family find the Peace that comes from God through His son, Yeshua Ha'Mashiach.


Shalom,


Craig, Cheryl, Cristin, & Chad O’Brien



3 comments:

Angie said...

Great photos and memories. Someday I hope we can make it to Israel...what a trip! Love your new blog layout, too...especially the coffee!

Angela Baylis said...

Cristin reminds me of the Cheryl I knew in high school. She is SO cute. Wow, what a year it has been for you! I'd love to get together again for coffee and perhaps you'll share your pictures of Israel with me. Looks like you have a lot to look forward to in 2010. I LOVE the new layout of your blog. I also love the about me section. I believe you are a great Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 woman. I'm still amazing at God reconnecting us this year. He is SO good!
Happy New Year, friend!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Going to Israel is a dream come true for me. I don't know but this has always been my goal since I was in my teens. So hopefully one day, I could go there along with my friend Spokane tim jones.