Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Calls From Yonder

It's one thing when my daughter calls me - it's always a delight, she is one of my three VERY BESTEST friends. But when my son calls, it's a gift.

132. Receiving a call from Chad thanking me for the package and it's contents.

133. Standing in Meijer listening to an AWESOME letter of recommendation from a professor. It ministers to my heart to hear the positive qualities other adults appreciate in my children.

134. Finally picking up the cell, knowing it was Chad (we ignored the rings on the home phone during dinner). Hearing the excitement in his voice after receiving word on his final grade in Physics, a class he struggled with last year. I think there's a high school teacher in Oxford who will be receiving a call today from a former student. :-)

Thank you for the relationship we have with our children. I pray that it continues to grow with us as we all move into new stages of life.
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward." Pslam 127:3

No comments: