Sunday, December 6, 2009

Purposeful Plodding

Saturday was an easy day just enjoying the season. No hustle and bustle, here, just purposeful plodding as I reflect on life and what is important. Truly it's all about loving God and loving people...God loved us in an amazing way, sending His only Son - the King of kings and Lord of lords - to be born as a baby...Truly a "strange way to save the world".



153. Decorating my Christmas "tea" cookies all morning while chatting with my sister on the phone.

154. Attending a Ladies' function at church and not being responsible for a single thing - except what every other "guest" was responsible for - bringing a dozen cookies.

155. Sitting and visiting with ladies I don't know very well.

156. Meeting several ladies for the first time.

157. Enjoying singing Christmas Carols from the hymnal.

158. Appreciating soloists - known talent, and new talent!

159. ENJOYING my evening 5K run up and down my driveway in 27*F weather. Lucky gets his exercise while I get mine, and I don't have to worry about traffic at twilight.

No comments: