Thursday, December 3, 2009

Purpose, Plan, and Promise Procures Prize :-D

I have struggled with food and weight issues most of my life, and it continues today. The gifts from yesterday are mostly from the power of His Word. These are my memory verses for the week. I couldn't stop at just one, because they have all been working together to give me victory in the war even if there are battles lost along the way!

135. My purpose, strength, and energy:
"...'My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.'" John 4:34

136. My plan:

"...'Pray that you may not enter into temptation.'” Luke 22:40

137: My promise:

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13
138.  Getting out and completing the three mile run with an additional mile power walk when I didn't feel like doing anything.

139.  An e-mail of encouragement from my "Big Sister", Jan about her battles and victories in the same areas.

140. Getting up after I stumble and fall...



Thank you, Lord, for your Mercy and Grace. May I extend that same mercy and grace to others who have stumbled and fallen, extending a hand to help them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I struggle with the same issues as you. I was just thinking tonight that I need to get a grip. My family has so many health and weight issues and I really need to start watching it! I told myself that I need to take a break on sweets until Christmas, then I came over here and read this! Wow! I appreciate you sharing those verses... more than you know! Thanks! I will be back to read them over & over again!
Love, Angie

Angela Baylis said...

I wonder why I cannot watch any of your videos? It keeps saying, "Error".