Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Continuing to DAILY  list the precious gifts I'm given...

176. Standing by 700 miles away, as my son negotiates an alternative flight home. He's all grown up!

177. Defensive driving lessons from my dad so many years ago always pay off on Michigan winter roads.

178. Words "preached" by my hubby - "A driver's one and ONLY job while on the road is to drive, paying attention to EVERYTHING around him." I sat up straighter, held the wheel tighter, watched more observantly.

179 ABS (Anti-lock Braking Systems) I used them ALOT, last night!

180. Prayer - the privilege of praying without ceasing, and the power of answered prayer.

181. Safe travel to DTW and home.

182. Hugging my son for the first time in about 4 months before falling into my warm, comfy bed.

183. The sound of my husband snoring softly and peacefully as I slipped in.

184. Fresh snow covered landscapes.

185. Cell phones on snowy days and for retrieving very important people! :-)

186. A call from Sarah this morning, announcing that Baby Snickers - now appropriately named Elizabeth Arwen - had arrived.

3 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

#177. You just gave me an idea for my list! Thank God for our Dads. I'm loving your list! It is really life-changing, isn't it? It is really making my Christmas season! Any word on the job? Have I missed it? Have a great day!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Angela Baylis said...

p.s. Enjoy your son! I find I always sleep better when my kids are home!

Cheryl said...

Job update is in the previous post. Hoping to start on Monday, but waiting on drug screening and background check to come in. I will be working with my hubby in the same group we met in - 25 years ago. We'll get to drive to Warren and he may be training me on some stuff. So, there was also a delay because of possible conflict of interest. :)