Tuesday, December 1, 2009

LIFE on Monday

I look forward to spending my Monday evenings with a group of about 12-14 ladies whom I love dearly. They are precious gifts from the Lord to me. Some of the blessings I received yesterday:

127. All my LIFE group ladies arriving before their leaders! (And I was EARLY!) What an encouragement to me that these ladies value our time together every Monday night. They are eager to meet, fellowship, open the Word, and share what God is teaching them through the study.

128. A quiet voice speaks up...Oh what a joy to have one of the quieter members "jump" right in and say (with a huge smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes) "Before we get started, I have something I want to say..." 'twas music to my ears.

129. The ladies following up last week's study by bringing more information. They are learning that we don't accept, "Somewhere in the Bible it says..." The excitement that comes from actually finding it "in the Bible" and being able to share it with everyone else is precious.

130. Apprentices who make the meeting interesting, adding their style and personality by bringing in new ideas, and implementing new ways of doing the same old thing.

131. Knowing how much time each woman is putting in to her study at home during the week, and loving it! We're in the middle of an inductive study that requires anywhere from a half hour to an hour each day for 6 days a week. They come prepared and are telling me they want MORE...another study like this!

How can I not be excited? It is my passion to help people KNOW Jesus, His Word, and help them to apply it so that they grow in His likeness. Thank you, Lord, for Mondays!

 "And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:9-14

No comments: