Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bountiful Back to Work Blessings!

Since Friday, I have been busy talking with a manager and a contract house about a short term contract. It's been very humbling - and at the same time, exciting - to wonder as God continues to pour out His blessings on me and my family, and I continue to number them, here:

165. Holding a degree that is still marketable after almost 20 years of "retirement".

166. Parents who were able to support my college endeavors - financially, emotionally, and professionally.

167. My elders' (parents and high school teachers - Mr. Wellever and Ms. "Rem") wise counsel about my career choice, and that I accepted much of their advice along the way. [Sometimes begrudgingly ;-)]

168. Being "highly recommended" by former co-workers, bosses, and my faithful, adoring husband! A "good name" is of great value!

169. Being reminded of the importance of being a valuable worker.

170. Being asked if I could start work on Monday...yes, in like 3 DAYS!!! That means being able to train with the worker I am replacing, and two extra weeks of income. (Well - even the wheels of the "NEW" GM don't work that quickly! Next Monday is the projected start date.)

171. Passing two tests I never studied for...LOL! (Excel and Word)

172. Having a "free" day to spend getting work documents all in order.

173. Having necessary former GM EIDs and EINs - my God given gift of administration.

174. Being able to help Cristin and Chad with college expenses.

175. E-mails from an excited hubby all through the day. (I'm grinning even as I type, wishing I could see his face.)

1 comment:

Angela Baylis said...

CONGRATULATIONS, CHERYL! WOW... For some reason I'm not too surprised. I am sure you are an asset!!! Great news! Sorry I missed this post! :)