Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weekend Wonders

There are big gifts and little gifts and I hope I catch every one. I may not remember to record them, here, but each and every one is precious to me. You can probably deduce, family is so important to me. These are wonderful gifts of this weekend:

207. The airline booking Cristin on a DIRECT flight home after canceling her connecting flight into Newark.

208. The rescheduled direct flight arriving 4 hours earlier than the flight I booked for Cristin!

209. Nonna and Gramps (my parents) arriving into DTW from AZ an hour before Cristin.

210. Nonna and Gramps bringing Cristin home for us.

211. An unplanned dinner party.

212. Chad giving up his room and his double bed for his grandparents. (He slept on the hide-a-bed in the basement. What a guy!)

213. Toddler twin brothers loving on their newborn sister.

214. Toddler boys carrying around a baby doll and treating her with love and care as if she were their baby sister.

215. Giggles from under a blanket while playing "Peek-a-boo".

216. Young families with their little ones all dressed up for church and special events. (Sometimes, I wish I could still dress them up.)

217. A table that seats 13 for dinner.

218. Having to add an extra place setting at the last minute.

219. The pleasure of being around polite and well-mannered young people.

220. Families enjoying time with other families.

221. Dinner for 13 turning out, and only forgetting "beverages". :)

222. Playing "Apples to Apples - Bible Edition".

223. The silly comments and gigles of my gal.

224. A house full of people, laughter, and noise.

Lovin' my family and lovin' my life! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: